You’ve worked long and hard on your lawn–religiously maintaining a meticulously planned watering, feeding, mulching and mowing schedule–until an immaculate, weed-free, emerald green slice of perfection waits just beyond your front door. And then you see it: the telltale mound of dirt. And then another, and another. In your quest for perfection, you have attracted an unwelcome guest–the mole. Ridding yourself of moles once they have moved in is no small task. Currently there is no mole removal method that is absolutely guaranteed. However, according to Extension Offices in Maine, Michigan and Oregon, homemade repellents using castor oil can ward off moles with moderate to excellent results.
Things You’ll Need
Watering can, 1 gallon
Oil soap wood cleaner
Ground red pepper
1. Mix 1/4 cup castor oil with 2 tbsp. dish soap. Add 1/4 cup water. Place contents in a blender and blend on high speed until the mixture is thick and foamy. Store mole repellent in sealed container in cool, dark cupboard.
2. Add 2 tbsp. of the repellent to a 1-gallon watering can. Fill the can with water and apply to any areas of obvious mole activity, pouring copious amounts of diluted repellent solution down any visible mole holes.
3. Prepare an alternate version of the first mole repellent formula by combining 1 cup oil soap wood cleaner, 1/4 cup ground red pepper and 1/4 cup castor oil. Apply this mixture in the same manner as the first.
4. Reapply repellent every 30 days or after a heavy rain. Change the repellent type every 60 days by alternating these two formulas or by substituting garlic or spearmint for red pepper. By changing the repellent frequently, the moles are less likely to adjust to it.
5. Create a hostile environment for moles. In addition to the castor oil repellent, surround your yard with “mole plants,” such as the caper spurge, castor bean and halcyon. These plants emit odors moles find unpleasant and establish root networks that interfere with their tunneling. Fill existing tunnels with a mixture of garlic cloves, mothballs and hot peppers.
Read more about How to Make Mole Repellent
Solar Power Ultrasonic Gopher Mole Snake Mouse Pest Mosquito Repeller Garden
Auction Ends: Saturday Jul-26-2014 0:46:33 PDT
| Watch this Item